What will you contribute?
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Development, the Associate QA Engineer creates and executes product test plans to ensure software products meet design specifications and product quality standards. Assists the Development team with process improvements to improve product quality.
Pay After Placement. Register for free:- Click Here
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as an Associate QA Engineer will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create test cases from product specifications.
- Executes test plans and test cases and compiles results.
- Sets up and maintains personal testing environments. May set up team testing environments.
- Assist in the review of software development processes to improve product quality.
- Tracks defects from detection to resolution and works with developers to reproduce and resolve defects.
- Communicates with stakeholders on product issues.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of existing products, operations or systems.
- Reviews product documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Provides support to stakeholders prior to GA release of the software.
- Create and/or run SQL scripts to populate data and validate test results.
- Design, develop, and maintain test scripts to be automated.
- Provide testing effort estimates for enhancements.
- 0 – 1 years’ experience in software testing or related field.
- Experience in the software or financial industry preferred.
- Experience with relational databases preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; effective customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of quality assurance methods and techniques including the software development lifecycle.
- Effective planning and organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think ‘out of the box’ for process improvements.
- Ability to work with specialized software tools; effectively implement and evaluate new processes or plans.
- Ability to execute test plans and test scripts for commercial software applications, document expected results vs. actual results, and record software defects.
- Preferred knowledge of automated testing software tools with ability to design and develop automated testing programs.
- Preferred knowledge of the Agile software development methodology.